Saturday 14 June 2014

Emergent (Plug &) Play

So, what have I been up to the past couple weeks?
Well if you been following this blog you'll have seen that my recent posts have been Actual Play records of the bi-weekly Torchbearer game I run. I must say I am having a great time with this game, I hope and believe my players are enjoying themselves likewise.

Aside from the obvious what else have I been doing? I've been sporadically playing in a Cyberpunk 2020 game on Fridays, and as of last Thursday looks like I'll be playing in a bi-weekly 1e Warhammer Fantasy game with a new group of players starting the week following. Looks like I'm trying out some old school stuff from the late 80's/early 90's, we'll see how it holds up to the RPGs of today. I also played in an X-Wing Miniatures tournament a few weeks ago; I didn't place nor did I expect anything beyond having fun.

I've also picked up a pair of running shoes; the plan being to jog/run home from work in the evenings and my days off to get more exercise than how I normally do via walking. Once I have the sufficient funds hopefully I can get my bicycle rebuilt to as the climate in Victoria is just perfect for outdoor activity.

The main reason for this post (apart of breaking the monotony of my TB APs) was that I wanted to plug a youtube series that my buddy +Larry Spiel made over a year ago about Roleplaying Theory called Emergent Play. I was dismayed to discover that this excellent series had already run its course and ended about a year ago before I even knew about it nor had time to actively participate in any of its discussion. Nonetheless, it's still worth watching afterwards for the keen insight Larry and his guests have on our favourite hobby. You can also follow the currently defunct Emergent Play on G+ here.

As far as all that I have no new news of note. Instead of finding something of interest here, go check out Emergent Play!

Cheers! ;{١

No comments:

Post a Comment