Saturday 10 August 2013

Emon Azzameen - X-Wing Custom Pilot

Ever since I picked up the Firespray-31 for the X-Wing Miniatures Game, I've considered the lesser known pilots of the iconic craft. On top of that I've thought about playing the Firespray in the Rebel faction. Enter Emon Azzameen and his ship the Andrasta from the computer game Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance!


Utilizing the magic of Mr. Jason Fuller's X-Wing card generator I put together this custom pilot this morning. Here's my thought process on developing it:

First off, Emon is one of the few Firespray pilots who's sympathetic to the Rebellion, being one of the siblings of the main protagonist from the video game. I placed his pilot skill and cost right between Kath Scarlet and Krassis Trelix, and gave him the standard Firespray upgrades along with the Elite Pilot icon.

I designed his pilot ability to reflect more of a support role, (much along the lines of two of the ships being released next wave) as the Imperial Firesprays focus mainly on offensive abilities. Given that he's a supporting character in X-Wing Alliance, and his hot-headed yet protective personality, I gave him the ability to acquire stress or red target locks from friendly ships. This quote describes his ability perfectly:
"Trouble clings to Emon like iron filings to a magnet, and he wouldn't want it any other way." - Aeron Azzameen
I've yet to test Emon out, so I don't know how useful his ability is in practice, nor how balanced adding a Firespray to a Rebel squad is. Can't wait to find out though!


On a related note with all this talk of Rebel starships and whatnot, BOOM FFG announces the Beta for Age of Rebellion! Goddamn it FFG, we haven't even had a chance to dig deep into Edge of the Empire and you tease us this Beta!


Stay On Target! ;{١

No comments:

Post a Comment